Profile of the Organization:
- We envision a historical culture awash in love: embodying compassion, honesty, and empathy. We delight in diversity, cooperation, and the exhalation of all living things.
- This vision recognizes the interconnectedness of all beings and supports a united Jalalabad to make differences, with the Sylheti Canadian and all others.
- We provide a service to the Bengali Community by helping newcomers and youth to become productive members of Canadian society.
We seek to preserve our cultural heritage and contribute that to the development of a stronger multi-ethnic Canada.
- To organize and promote socio-cultural activities for the people of Sylhet Division of Bangladesh living in Canada;
- To support and assist members of the association and their family members in emergencies such as sudden disability, illness, death and other problems;
- To promote Bangladeshi culture and Language and goodwill between the Bangladeshis and all other Canadians;
- To establish and operate a community centre to be used for workshops, programs, athletics, drama, art, music, handicrafts, hobbies and recreation for the benefit of the members and for the general public;
- To organize socio-cultural activities for the community of Bangladeshis;
- To promote the cultural and linguistic heritage of Bangladesh among the children of Bangladeshis in Canada;
- To help the new immigrants from Bangladesh towards socio-cultural integration in Canada;
- To promote multi-cultural activities and rapport, and co-operation;
- To represent matters of interest relating to the community to concerned levels of Government or Organization as and when necessary;
- To arrange/organize continuing education and training for Bangladeshis;
- To set up a resource centre for members;
- To provide literacy programs and classes to members and to develop and provide educational training programs to persons who will conduct literacy training ;
- To help to find jobs and self-employment opportunities for members and Others:
- To carry out any other action as necessary to meet the above objectives;
- Participatory decision making
- Cultural Competencies
Jalalabad Association of Toronto*Canada is a registered nonprofit organization under the registered trademark logo, Copyright, domain, pattern protected by Government of Canada.
V Canada:Membership: 114648
Organization Contact Details:
2986 Danforth Ave, Suite 201, Toronto, ON. M4C1M6
Board Of Trustee
Scope/Working Area of Organization: GTA, Ontario, Canada
Under our wings
Property of registered Trade mark, Privacy and copy act under the Jalalabad Association Of Toronto*Canada